Walker, Minnesota Has a Variety of Activities for Visitors and Residents This March
The Leech Lake area near Walker, Minnesota offers beautiful wilderness for those looking for a perfect winter getaway. However, nature is not the only thing that Leech Lake has to offer. There are many locations and activities in town, as well. If you are tired after a day of cross-country skiing or want to come in from the cold after long hours of ice fishing, Leech Lake has plenty of other things to do. Some of the main attractions include:
- Walker City Park
- Green Scene’s Walker Community Farmer’s Market
- Northern Lights Casino
- Heritage Arts, Gifts and Antiques
These town attractions offer the perfect balance to an adventure in nature. Spend the day with some relaxing touring and shopping to recharge your batteries for another outdoor excursion. In addition to these attractions, the Leech Lake area will have several exciting activities throughout the month of March for residents and visitors alike.
- Lucky Moose Bar & Grill. All-you-can-eat walleye nights every Friday for walleye lovers. Come try some fried walleye. Lucky Moose also has meat raffles throughout the month to benefit youth hockey in the area.
- Stone Woman Herbals will provide meditation and relaxation classes using teas, bath soaks, and aromatherapy. Come learn some simple techniques to relax and de-stress yourself.
- The Walker American Legion. During the month of March, the Walker American Legion will feature two Bingo nights. On March 13th there will be 40 & Ham Bingo, and on March 29th there will be Rockin Bingo.
- WHA Schools. Tumbling is an activity for children between the ages of 3 and 5. They can learn coordination and balance through the art of tumbling. There will also be a basketball tournament, the Jim Morrison Memorial Basketball Jam. Organizers will divide entrants into teams. There will be an adult and a youth division.
- Leech Lake Art League. The Leech Lake Art League provides group painting along with critiques for members and visitors several times through the month of March. The first session will be on March 7th. It’s not just for painters: other forms of art are welcome.
Walker, Minnesota and the surrounding area offer plenty to do when you visit. Even if you never put on a ski or snowshoe, you can stay busy for your entire stay with a variety of activities and interesting attractions in the area. Contact the Leech Lake Chamber of Commerce and start planning your winter getaway today.