The Leech Lake Chamber of Commerce has been around for over 50 years. In 1953, it began as the Walker Chamber of Commerce. In 1990, it had changed its name to its current name, the Leech Lake Area Chamber of Commerce. This was to reflect the Chamber’s geographic area better, which currently services over 260 Chamber members.
The Leech Lake Area Chamber of Commerce is housed in the U.S. Forest Service- Walker Ranger District building on Hwy 371, Walker’s Main Street. The building was built in 2013. The partnership with the Forest Service has been a great one thus far that we feel will better serve our visitors in years to come.
The Leech Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, supported and led by members and professional staff, promotes, enhances and supports a healthy business environment for our members
To meet our mission we will pursue:
– promotion of area tourism
– business development and economic growth
– effective communication that educates and informs
– membership growth and involvement
– fiscal responsibility
The Leech Lake Area Chamber of Commerce is recognized and valued as a leader in tourism, membership services, and for our ability to positively influence decisions impacting our community.
We Create value for our members by:
-increasing the number of visitors to our area
-developing business contacts
-providing member visibility through advertising opportunities
Provide business focused special event opportunities
Strengthen our Chamber’s ability to exert influence in the community