Leech Lake Has the Perfect Resort for Your Getaway Vacation
A winter getaway can be the perfect way to relax and get rid of the stress of your daily life. The pristine beauty of nature is good for the soul. Leech Lake is Minnesota’s third largest lake and is a popular destination for vacationers. It offers access to a wide variety of natural activities. At Leech Lake, you are sure to find something to delight you.
- Ice fishing. Many people love the quiet and solitude of a day on the lake spent ice fishing. You can rent a fish house from Kroubetz. A $300 deposit allows you to book your rental, and many of the resorts at Leech Lake will help you clean and package the fish.
- Snowmobiling. Snowmobiling is an extremely popular activity in the Leech Lake area. With so many square miles of pristine wilderness, a day spent snowmobiling becomes an adventure. There are many machines available for rent so you can enjoy your snowmobile outing.
- Cross-country skiing. It’s a great way to stay in shape and the perfect way to enjoy the sights of a winter wonderland. Leech Lake resorts are ideally located to give you access to many different trails for cross-country skiing.
- Downhill skiing. Leech Lake is a short drive from two great downhill skiing areas: Detroit Mountain Recreation Area and Buena Vista Ski Area. Enjoy some of the finest downhill skiing in Minnesota when you come to Leech Lake for a winter vacation.
- Snowshoeing. Snowshoeing is an excellent exercise. It is also winter’s version of hiking, allowing you to see the sights and beauty of a winter wonderland. Leech Lake has excellent trails for those who want to snowshoe, whether you have your own pair of shoes or need to rent.
- Dog sledding. Experience the adrenalin rush of dog sledding! At Leech Lake, you can hire a team of dogs to take you speeding through the woods. Get a taste of what it feels like to compete at a high level with a fun day of dog sledding.
If these activities strike you as something you might like to try, come to Leech Lake and make it happen. The lake has dozens of resorts and campgrounds all along its shores. There is something for everyone.
- Lakewood Lodges features a team of ice experts to help you with your ice fishing endeavors.
- Adventure North Resort is right next to a hot spot for some of the best walleye fishing in Minnesota.
- Brindley’s Harbor is located on a peninsula that forms Walker Bay. It has good access to cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and even dog sledding, along with the always popular ice fishing.
- Big Rock Resort is perfect for ice fishers. They offer free fish cleaning and packaging for all the walleye and perch you catch on Leech Lake.
- Trapper’s Landing Lodge has over 1,600 feet of shoreline and offers many fun activities.
- Bayside Resort. They have a dart board, pool table and pinball machine inside. If you venture outside, they are right on Agency Bay.
Winter was never this much fun before! Come visit Leech Lake and discover what everyone is raving about.