Festival of Lights
The Festival of Lights event this year will be a sight to behold, something to delight all your senses. In the spirit of giving the event will offer you many opportunities to not only have fun but to also make someone else’s Holiday brighter.
- Saturday morning will be the annual Reindeer Ramble starting at Chase on the Lake. Registration begins at 8am, this year there will be a 5K plus a Kids Fun Run. Holiday Outfits encouraged
- Fill the Festival of Lights Fish house with toys! Looking for donations of new toys or monetary donations for First National Bank’s 37th Annual Toys for Kids. Our goal is to have the fish house full by the end of the weekend. Your help will make someone’s Christmas brighter.
- Community Tree – Village Square will once again be the home of Community Giving Tree, filled with mittens that WHA teacher have filled out with wishes for items they need in their classroom. We are adding socks for area Sr. Citizens. Pick a mitten or a stocking, buy the item, wrap the present and deliver it to the Leech Lake Chamber. WHA student Council is heading this up this year.
- Walker Bay Theater will be hosting Festival of Lights Party with Santa and Mrs. Claus a children’s party on Saturday from 11-1. Not only will the party include a visit with Mr. & Mrs. Claus, but there will be LIVE Reindeer to visit, crafts to make and snacks to enjoy. From 1-3, Christmas Bingo will begin, leave your little ones to play while you head out to shop the local stores.
- Float Village on 5th street, do you love the Festival of Lights Parade? Well for 2022 the parade will last all evening! Come visit the Float Village located on 5th Street–where businesses and organizations have created floats and displays to light up the town– this will replace the parade.
- The floats and displays will stay in one place while the spectators roam around and enjoy the sights for hours instead of minutes.
- Stop in at Portage Brewing and find out more about the Festival of Lights Photo Hunt. There will be one on Friday and one on Saturday, bring your phone and be ready to walk around town to complete the photo hunt. This will begin both days at noon.
- DIY crafts will be available to make and take home, or to hang on the Community Tree. DIY Crafts will be at Traveling Art Pub Studio, Green Scene, TJ’s Floral, The Piggy BBQ and WineDown
- Saturday evening Festival of Lights 5th Street Light up– gather around cozy fire pits while listening to Holiday songs and enjoy.
- Luminary Walk – Purchase a lighted Luminary and honor someone special – Purchase at Hope Lutheran. Walker Rock Garden.
For more information visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/festivaloflightscelebration
For information on how to set up a display for the Festival of Lights Float Village or any other questions about the events call the Leech lake Area Chamber 218- 547-1313.