The Leech Lake Chamber of Commerce has been around for over 50 years. In 1953, it began as the Walker Chamber of Commerce. In 1990, it had changed its name to its current name, the Leech Lake Area Chamber of Commerce. This was to reflect the Chamber's geographic area better, which currently services over 260 Chamber members.
The Leech Lake Area Chamber of Commerce is housed in the Conservation Building on Hwy 371, Walker's Main Street. The Conservation Building was built in 1933 by the Works Project Administration (WPA) and has since been remodeled twice, once in 1990 and again in 2004. After the 2004 renovations, the City of Walker Offices moved in during May 2004. The City, DMV, Walker Police, Ambulance, and the Leech Lake Area Chamber of Commerce are now all housed out of the Conservation Building.
The Leech Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, supported and led by members and professional staff, promotes, enhances and supports a healthy business environment for our members
To meet our mission we will pursue:
- promotion of area tourism
- business development and economic growth
-effective communication that educates and informs
-membership growth and involvement
The Leech Lake Area Chamber of Commerce is recognized and valued as a leader in tourism, membership services, and for our ability to positively influence decisions impacting our community.
We Create value for our members by:
-increasing the number of visitors to our area
-developing business contacts
-providing member visibility through advertising opportunities
1. Provide business focused special event opportunities
2. Strengthen our Chamber's ability to exert influence in the community
3. Attract new business and build customer loyalty